Thursday, February 25, 2016

Just happened to?

Some of my family was gathering to celebrate my 30th birthday (a little early) on Friday, Febrary 19th, when my phone lit up with an email from CCAI saying that were were DTC!  Dossier To China!  



I had commented in an adoption Facebook group that when we were DTC I would throw a party, but instead one was being thrown for me! Such timing is stunning.  What is more is that they could not have sent it a day sooner.  If they sent it earlier it possibly could have arrived before I was 30 and China would not have taken it.  So this was the soonest it could go out, and it also just happened to be perfect timing with how things naturally went.

Monday, February 22 I got an email that afternoon saying that our dossier had arrived at the Chinese Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA)!  I was so thankful because I felt like I had been praying it across the ocean to arrive safely.  I was surprised at how quickly it had arrived.  It arrived at the soonest it could have possibly arrived after my 30th.  It couldn't have come Friday when the office was open because I would be 29.  The soonest it could arrive was the 22nd, and it just happened to be perfect timing.

Wednesday, February 24th in the evening we got an email that we had our logged in date (LID).  Three days!  In an email we got from CCAI, our adoption agency, it said that it could take about 2 weeks.  



I don't feel that these dates "...just happened to..." be on exactly the right or soonest dates that they could be with me turning 30.  

I don't think it is a coincidence.  I believe that is is God's hand working.

Matthew and I pray every night for our little girl.  We also pray for the process, our dossier, the grants, and fundraising.  We know that we need His help in each and every step.

I believe that the dossier and the timing and speed of it was a direct answer to prayer.  The prayer of Matthew and I and all of you who are petitioning God on our behalf to bring our little girl home very, very, miraculously soon.

I also don't think it is a coincidence that our red envelope fundraiser that began with 150 envelopes is now down to 3 in just a little over a month since we began!  Three!  God moved in a powerful way through so many of you.  Whether it was $2 or $500 you are a direct link to helping bring our daughter home and we can't thank you enough.  Thank you for being a direct answer to our prayers for our fundraising.  

God is answering our prayers.

I have written in my journal that I believe God is moving quickly with the dossier, and the fundraising because He is going to bring our girl home very, very soon.  He alone knows who she is and when we will get her.  

I am boldly and persistently praying.  And it gives me joy and faith that you are praying boldly and persistently with us.  

Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment