Friday, December 9, 2016

The Miracle of Standing Together. The Miracle of You

Last night I was at our small group.  This small connection group is a gift.  We study the word of God and connect to God and each other. 

We studied 2 Chronicles 20 last night.  And our leader brought out that often we look at the end result and call that the miracle. And yes, for sure and certain it is a miracle.  But there are two other miracles before the army being destroyed that allowed the miracle of the destroyed army to happen.

1) Jehoshaphat was a leader who stopped everything and prayed and called the people together to fast and pray.

"Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah."

2) The people of Judah actually stop and pray.  All the people of Judah.

"The people of Judah came together to seek help from the Lord; indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him....All the men of Judah, with their wives and children and little ones, stood there before the Lord."

And suddenly I almost couldn't speak. 

Because of YOU. 

I feel like Jehoshaphat.  We are completely powerless to do anything ourselves to bring our daughter home.  And so we have called upon God and called upon others to pray.  Pray for a miracle.

And the miracle is happening.  YOU are this miracle. 

I read the word, "All the men of Judah, with their wives and children and little ones, stood there before the Lord."  And I thought about YOU.  The way you text me verses.  Facebook message us your prayer rooms and Bible verses.  The way your children pray for our daughter.   Men, women, children, and little ones are all praying.

I suddenly could "see" all of you in my heart's mind.  Standing praying for us and I was moved beyond measure. 

I grabbed a pen and wrote you in my Bible.  I marked that verse and saw YOU there.  Saw YOU standing there before the Lord persistently, passionately praying for our little girl--and for her to come home to us.

YOU are the miracle that proceeds the miracle of our little girl coming home. 

But make no mistake YOU are a miracle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment